Saturday, February 19, 2011

HamCake or Cupburger!

In searching for a cute cupcake for Girls Night Out for the Boys and Girls Club I found a couple different versions of this cupcake.  I decided to give it a shot and add some original ideas.  I used a chocolate cake mix for the "patty", which is just the top of a chocolate cupcake.  For the "buns" I chose a butter cake recipe.  I thought the color was closer to a real bun than the vanilla that was suggested.  I used green, yellow, and red frosting for the lettuce, mustard, and ketchup.  And finally the "sesame seeds" are just pearly sprinkles. I chose those instead of  the suggested use of real sesame seeds.  The cupcakes were a huge hit with the 9 and older girls age group.. I Just wished I had made extra so I would have got to try one! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment